Dear WLE community, we have prepared some exciting news for you!
The Wiki Loves Earth 2024 is on its way!
Wiki Loves Earth is an annual international photographic competition. Participants take pictures of local natural heritage in their countries and upload them to Wikimedia Commons. For all participating countries, there are separate competitions organized by local teams.
This year, WLE also will take place between the 1st of May and the 31st of July. We have a flexible approach regarding local dates, and local organizers decide when exactly to hold their contest within the international timeframe.
How can you join the contest this year as an organizer?
For that, you need the following:
- Team of volunteers with clear roles and timelines;
- Defining eligible natural sites (must be officially protected);
- Preparing a landing page for the local contest;
- Promotion for the contest in social networks;
- Jury to evaluate the photos (select top-15 local winners for an international contest);
- Awards for your winners.
Find out more about the process in our detailed guidelines for the local teams.
This year, we also continue to raise awareness about environmental problems so that we will launch our special nomination “Human Rights and Environment” for the 4th time.
And one more new special nomination, which can represent natural heritage in a wider way!
Stay tuned for the announcements soon!
Follow our channels for local organizers to receive the most important information:
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wlecommunity/
- Telegram chat: https://t.me/+jtPfBWQVCGkzMmIy
- A mailing list for local organizers: email@example.com
If you have any questions or need any help, please contact the international team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for the Wiki Loves Earth 2024, and don’t hesitate to participate!
*Find translations here*